Thursday, June 10

I went in to school on Monday, where I met all the Thai teachers who work in Pre-K and Kindergarten, then spent the rest of the day lesson planning. After that, I had the rest of the week off, to go to Immigration with Roman, buy a few more things for the house out at Chatuchak, wander around in Chinatown, take my phone in to the Apple store to get it repaired, and eat plenty of street food.

Here are some photos I took!

Roman eating pandan-filled mini pancakes:


An iguana at the garden store:


A little frog hopping around on Soi Sukhumvit 4 (our street)


A view of Khlong Saen Saep:


Larb moo with khao neow and raw vegetables & basil:


I got this from a street cart in one of the only places nearby that has a strictly local/non-commercial vibe. This is the third time I've had larb from a cart or stall that doesn't specialize in Northern food and, unfortunately, has led me to conclude I should only get larb from an Isaan establishment. It was ok, but...I wouldn't order it again.

Pad thai with fried chicken:

Pretty lousy nachos from a taqueria down the street (no one expected more):


A page from a Taoist book that Kathryn thoughtfully sent me:

A solo dim sum meal in Chinatown:


And a view of the sunset from my desk:

Comments

{font-size: 150%; font-weight: bold;} Older Posts