Monday, March 7, 2022

So...how about some photos from the last week or so? Here are some pretty flowers at my school....


And here are a couple photos from last Friday's staged reading...



A couple 7-Eleven dogs...


Here's a cool building in Phra Khanong...


And another cool building near the Ekkamai BTS...


Here is a very blurry photo of a costumed cat in front of a beauty salon near our condo...



And another picture that better conveys what's going on. The merchandising possibilities of Squid Games are endless.


Roman is slowly recovering from strep throat, but still isn't totally better. On Wednesday, I came home from meditation to find him passed out on the bed, a Marvel movie playing on the laptop in front of him.


On Thursday, it rained at Roman's school and all these little frogs appeared. 


Meanwhile, at my school, the Kindergarteners performed an end-of-year dance for the parents. All the kids looked cute, but I had to get a picture of Kaning's Squid Games outfit, and tiny Wayha's resort wear slayed me. 


I also got a photo with all the kids. Some of the K3s are dabbing, making them officially cooler than me. 


Meanwhile, the kids in Nazareth were dressed as superheroes (and Elsas) and danced to a song called Jesus is My Superhero.


The kids from Canaan performed better than I expected it, but Grace could not bothered. I couldn’t stop laughing.


Need more Grace? Here’s a wide shot. 


In the above video, you can also really appreciate the antics of Pi—the sweet little oddball K1. He’s in the lavender t-shirt. All day on Thursday, Pi kept coming up to me and saying “Teacher!?" I'd say yes, and he'd say, "My...name...is...Number Blocks Two!” He did that like seven times. He also gave me this card:




The funny thing is, the drawing at the bottom of the of the card (the little square with a happy face and a dash drawn over it) is actually Pi’s version of Number Block One. I know this because he spent all day Wednesday filling reams and reams of paper with drawings of Number Blocks One through Seven (this isn't something the kids are taught to do. This is just something Pi does). So maybe he was Number Block One when he wrote the card on Wednesday, and had graduated to Number Block Two by Thursday? Or maybe I shouldn't try and follow Pi’s logic. Man, I love that kid. 

Then on Friday, all the K3 kids sang a song (complete with hand gestures!) in an empty auditorium. Although they are barely singing a melody, have terrible diction, and are shouting more than they are singing, I think you can tell it’s a Beatles song?


And here’s some other odds and ends—a couple cute pictures of the kids and…remember International Day? Teacher Nid just shared some of those pics with the parents so I've included a few:





Showing Yaya a picture of an animal on my phone for a game of Charades

With Wayha

With Timmy

Then, on Sunday, I went to a kind of flea market event with my friend Cat and her friend Selena (and also met up with Jo, who happened to be there). The event was set up along the river, and they had a ton of booths selling vintage clothes, furniture, and accessories. There were more hip young Thais than I’ve ever seen in one place. 
 
The market by day (when we first arrived)


A booth seeking stuff from…Anthropologie?

The market by night

They also had a large beer garden/dining section selling all kinds of Thai, German, American, and Indian street foods. We all got pulled duck sandwiches served on Chinese doughnuts (and "duck nuggets" on the side), which were pretty amazing. 


And then we headed back home, looking back at the market from the bridge across the river. 

Comments

{font-size: 150%; font-weight: bold;} Older Posts