Sunday, May 23

Life is still quiet around here. I walk in the mornings when Roman leaves for school, and we explore Bangkok in the hours when it's cool enough to do so. We've been getting to know a handful of people from various meetup groups and we'll sometimes grab a tea or a dinner with someone. And I've been taking advantage of the free time to make some calls to friends & family.

Morning doughnut from a street cart

Roman looking sharp for school

Sample text from my school--they're often just a little bit hard to parse

Croissant toast, mango, and aged cheddar for breakfast (our first hard cheese in months!)

Omelet and rice lunch, with fruit bowl

Congee dinner

Oh, and I took a boat! It's really more like a river taxi--it runs along the Saen Saep canal and picks up commuters, but oh, how I love a boat!

View of the canal from the dock

View of an approaching boat

View from the boat


View of the departing boat

View of a footbridge

View from the bridge

A different footbridge, leading directly into the canal

And I got a few pictures of some different street carts...

A vendor selling house plants from a cart

Vendors selling durian

And that’s all the news for the moment!

Comments

  1. I do like cities that have boats for transport. Like Hong Kong and Venice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! It's not a very efficient way of getting around here, but it's so lovely.

      Delete

Post a Comment

{font-size: 150%; font-weight: bold;} Older Posts