Friday, April 23

In the morning I did more JOB STUFF all I do is JOB STUFF. I put on my best teacher drag and recorded a 13-minute teaching demo for Kindergarten students on the topic of animals.

And boy was I expressive!

Listening for the students' responses

Being a monkey


Neighing like a horse

Flying like a bird

Told you this was embarrassing!

I also got an email from the agency, asking me if I can interview for a different Kindergarten teacher position—this one is in Silom and pays 40,000 baht/month. Which is a lower salary than the others I have been applying for recently, but I also haven't gotten any of those jobs, so maybe I have a better chance at this one?

They asked me to prepare a 20-minute demo for an in-person interview at the school next week, on any topic. I think someone's gonna be learning about animals!

We had lunch at another one of the chain-link caged cart pods today. Roman had crispy pork with holy basil and I had crispy pork with morning glory. Delicious.



After lunch, I read my book while Roman had a job interview over the phone. I sent in my Animals video and a few hours later, the school emailed me back, thanking me for my “very good good teaching demo” and asking if I could come in for an interview on Tuesday morning. Woo, I kinda can't believe I pulled that off!

I also did my Past Perfect Continuous Verb Tense teaching demo for the secondary school, which didn't go that well. I mean, it's hard when you don't really want the job and when you're “teaching” to a bunch of interviewees on Zoom who have their cameras and their microphones turned off. The one woman who asked me questions after the demo gave me very brief answers when I asked some questions about the school, and I just kinda felt relieved when it was over.

In the early evening, we went to one of the nearby massage places and both got head-to-toe full body massages. Like, the masseuse rubbed my ears and my stomach and my feet and (almost!) everything else.

In the post-massage groove

We headed to the carts near Rama IV road and picked up some fried rice with pork and fried chicken with sticky rice for dinner. We found a quiet spot on some cement steps to eat, where no one noticed us except the cats.


Comments

{font-size: 150%; font-weight: bold;} Older Posts